Quiet day before the hike


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
October 8th 2018
Published: October 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Returning from the monkey temple, yesterday, we had this interesting idea of just getting small bits of food in different places, which worked great. That evening and the next day, we took it easy, had some good conversations with mostly Marynard, but also Jarod and Julien from Germany. In the afternoon, we picked up a simcard. In the end we went to our non-preferred provider, ncell, which they say has great coverage in the big cities, but not so much when we go hiking. We'll see. The reason for the change is that after going to many different shops, we couldn't find one that offered a lot of data for a good price. We should have gone for the deal at the airport: 28GB for 1200 rupees (9 euros), but the best thing we could find for nepal telecom was 3GB for 500 rupees and 500 more for the simcard. In the end, after some haggling, we got 16GB ncell for 1700 rupees.

Later that day, we went for a massage. Mine was good, but a bit too soft. However, Mark and Simon were elated! After getting some food and waiting way too long for it at the Skylark rooftop terrace, we got on a car we arranged earlier, to go to Nagarkot. The idea is to see a nice sunrise from high vantage. If we're lucky, we'll see mount everest!



An hour and a half later, we got off at the aptly-named 'view point hotel', a multi-storied building with a sober look to it. The room and everything else was a bit clammy, but we had a pretty good bed, food and shower (that turned cold after a minute or so). Next day, we had an alarm for 5:30 to see the sunrise..


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb