Kingdom of Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamal
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nepal Gaylord Ice CreamNepal Gaylord Ice CreamNepal Gaylord Ice Cream

These two have obviously turned gay from their first taste of one. It must be that Kwality taste.
Darjeeling was nice but rainy and the supposedly amazing views Mount Everest and some other incredibly large mountain were covered by clouds. Anyway we watched our first Hindi Film called 'Corprate', got the jist of it but it was in hindi.

Next stop Nepal!!!

Arrived at the border hoping to change money, there were three banks but no one accepted dollars, sterling or even my Sterling and US dollar travellors cheques for some reason, they said come back tommorrow, what difference does that make I said, they gave me the same answer.

Well the bus ride was 1000 rupees each and we only had 265 rupees and it was about to leave in 15 minutes. With a bit of hard negotiation work and a lot of running around I managed to pay one tour opporater with a 10 pound note, the other note he didn't accept cause there was a slight tear in it, payed him 200 ruppes as well and we were off 5 minutes before the bus left. Horray!!

Shame the bus was designed to transport midgets round Nepal and not a lanky beanpole like myself, so sat half on my chair and half out
The Kingdom of NepalThe Kingdom of NepalThe Kingdom of Nepal

And whats that down there, Gaylord Ice Cream in Nepal!! My God its taking over Asia.
the window in the middle of a monsoon.

Anyhow arrived safe and well but with no money but 8 Dollars a small amount of Indian money and a torn 10 pound note. The trustee dollar got us to a bank in a taxi, got some Nepal Rupees, a cosy guest house and my first meal since 24 hours, when our hectic journey began the morning before.

Hope you are all well


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb