Chitwan


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Chitwan
April 25th 2015
Published: April 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Readers,
Before I get to Chitwan I must explain some Nepalese driving etiquette!!
The horn on any vehicle ( car,motorcycle,rickshaw and anything else on wheels) must be used at all times, especially to let you know they are behind you, at the side of you or in front of you.
So up nice and early to catch bus to Chitwan, was supposed to have a pick up but that didn't happen, turns out he came the day before.
Bus is all loaded and we're off on a 6 hour trip.
Most of the way the horn did the talking, slow vehicle in front, honk honk I'm behind you, honk honk I'm beside you, honk honk (from the other vehicle) you're in front of me, honk honk (from the vehicle coming towards you) better get over quick I'm coming towards you. Six hours of this of honking, was I glad when we got there.
Was met at the bus stop and taken to Jungle World resort. Met Emma from UK and Maggie from Canada staying at same hotel. Had lunch then taken on a walk through town and to edge of Jungle.
The ethnic group that lives in the area are called Tharau. They live very simple lives in homes made of bamboo reeds and clay, they do have electricity and have tv's and it appears everyone has a mobile phone.
During our walk we saw a couple of crocodile and a couple of snakes mating, we watched for about 30 mins it was very interesting to see them intertwining each other.
Back to the Resort for dinner then early to bed.
It was so nice to go to sleep in quite and wake up to birds singing.
Next day canoe ride, then a trek through the jungle to see if we could spot any wildlife, saw spotted deer, wild boar and that was about it. Back to resort for lunch.
Out this afternoon on elephant safari, we did see rhinoceros, mum and baby, plus plenty of spotted deer and some more crocodiles.
Back for dinner, after dinner went to a cultural show of the Tharau, lots of stick hitting and twirling, it was very entertaining. Next day off to Pokhara after a short time bird watching.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb