Chitwan National Park


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Chitwan
July 6th 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had our 2nd attempt of a flight over Mount Everest, again the flight was cancelled due to bad weather. disappointment once again but after another hearty breakfast we set off on a "Big Adventure" from Kathmandu to Chitwan to stay at the "Royal National Chitwan Park Island Resort". This was a huge 6 hour drive through some amazing valleys, hills, rivers and spectacular scenery. The quality of roads was on par with India so although the distance to Chitwan wasn't huge it was still a long journey. We drove through farming countryside and saw lots of women working in rice paddies, we think preparing to plant the rice. All the farming seemed to be done by manual labour including the ploughing of the fields. As we neared the park in the jeep the rain started falling and our driver could only drive in so far. We then boarded a boat to be transported to the Island. i had thongs on as we knew it was going to rain but this was a dumb move. As I stepped onto the boat , I broke a seat , did the splits , much to alls amusement. When we reached the"resort" we had to walk a distance on this narrow , slippery path in the rain. i once again discovered that my thongs were not very practical foot attire, and " A over T " I went, fell on the inside of my "good" knee and very nearly wet myself. Diary entry; "We finally arrived at the resort, a great set up but No Power and guess what the generator had broken down! We had an elephant ride through the jungle and saw a Rhino and a spotted deer. We then had a candlelight dinner with other guests, drinks in an outdoor bar beside a very fast running river. This is a Beuatiful environment especially in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the cities we have been in. " That night after dinner, the generator started working and it was amazing seeing the action created in the dining room with all guests scrambling to find power points to charge appliances, phones, cameras, laptops, etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chitwan National parkChitwan National park
Chitwan National park

The shelter where we waited to embark on a boat.
Chitwan National parkChitwan National park
Chitwan National park

A beautiful River
Chitwan National parkChitwan National park
Chitwan National park

Rhino in the Jungle
Chitwan National parkChitwan National park
Chitwan National park

Elephant rides through the Jungle


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb