I'm gonna adopt an elephant!!! Chitwan National Park, Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Chitwan
February 1st 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the delay in the blogs! Im back tracking now!

Chitwan National Park



So after paragliding in Sarangot, Nepal, we headed on a 7 hour bus journey to the Royal Chitwan National Park. The park is a huge and beautiful nature reserve with all sorts of animals ranging from rhinos to tigers.

We got a package from Pokhara which included 2 nights stay in beautiful lodge in the middle of the park and included most of our activities.

On the bus we met a whole load of irish people that were on our package - they awere a right laugh!!! However rather than socialisising on the bus I was too preoccupied with the rash I was developing al over my forehead neck and ears - god knows what the hell I did in my sleep but I was itching like mad!!!

After arriving in Chitan and being chauffered to our lodge in a jeep, we walked arounf the villagewith our guide who gaves us a history on the people that lved there - the Tharu tribe. They had their own language and were they were know for being resistant to Malaria! Lucky them!

Canoeing anyone?



The next day was full of activities. We were up early and took a ride on the smallest canoe boat in the world!! 9 of us packed into the little canoe boat and we were takes down the river. It was eerie to say the least as the river was covered in mist and all u could here was the sounds of exotic birds and peacocks in the distance. Spotted a few crocodiles, peacocks and some kind of exoctic birds ( can't remember what they were caled as I was too busy making sure I didnt tip over in the canoe!). We then went on a jungle walk which was more like a walk in the forest - didnt spot anything! We then went to the elephant breeding centre and saw loads of baby elephants - sooooooo cute!

Having a wash with the elephants



Then the fun really began! We were to bath with elephants that afternoon so 2 elephants came to our hotel to take us to the river!! Me and girls decided we would bareback ride then to the river - it was bloody amazing!!!!!!! Riding on elephant with nothing to hold on except each other was truly awesome! These creature are the most docile and beautiful beings on this earth - I want one! Although hoping on and off these elephants with out any seats isn't the most easiest of things I have done!

We got to the river and the elephatn I was on walked into the eater and decided to sit down , hurtling me straight into the water! LOL!
The rest of the afternoon wa spent get on oan off the elephants in the watar using their trunks and ears to hoist ourselves up and being sprayed by the trunks!

I can truly say that bathing with these beautiful elephants is the most amazing experince and everyone should try it!!!

Later that afternoon we were taken on an elephant safari and spoted rhinos - I swear these are the weirdest creatures - looks tlike they are wearing reaklly heavy armoury! Saw loads of different types of deer BUT NO TIGERS! The guide kept on teasing us on seeing one but saw nada!

That night we asked the hoel to build us a campfire after dinner and they greatly obliged with a smile on their face. Nepalese people are so gorgeous and kind. All of us decided to get a bi merry on the cheap rum we had bought, and had a great laugh around the fire.

The next day we were meant to go bird watching but due to the small hangover (!), I couldnt face searching for birds at 8am!

Later that dat we changed hotel rooms and spent the day by the river at this restaurant playing badminton and volley ball - a chill out day was required for sure!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb