Day 10 - Annapurna Circuit - Churi Ladar (4200m) to High Camp (4900m)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 18th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Once again our alarms were set early for our destination before a final ascent to Thorong La Pass (highest mountain pass in the world). This will have been the highest altitude that we would sleep at and after a few of the crew had headaches at Tilicho Lake there were some nerves jangling around. The hike was a steady one. We walked into the valley following the river and saw the 2 Dutch girls again. We had to negotiate more falling rocks in another landslide area. Thankfully we were pros at this by now and then had a steady climb all the way to Thorong Phedi low camp, another camp spot 300 or so metres below high camp. We gathered some energy together over a cup of hot lemon tea and ploughed up the slope all the way to our sleeping spot. We were there nice an early again on the day and even bumped into Jose who wanted to stay as he had some headaches because of the altitude. As the hours ticked by we were all unaffected and had no symptoms so bedded in for the big one the following day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb