Day 9 - Annapurna Circuit - Tilicho Base Camp (4150m) to Churi Ladar (4200m).


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 17th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were all feeling much fresher in the morning but still anxious about crossing the dangerous mountain path back onto the main Annapurna Circuit. However, we were in safe hands as both Stefano and Jose’ were experienced mountaineers and extra people in our group meant more eyes to spot the rocks coming down. Luckily by leaving early the mountains were still mostly frozen and there was little wind so the crossing was not as dangerous on this occasion. The mountain men were soon striding out in front and Tommy wanted to walk a steadier pace so we split up and walked on with Jaap in search of Pilu and Alberto who we were due to meet in Yak Kharka. We had done some pretty shoddy map study the night before and all thought today’s walk would be a breeze in comparison to other days. This was because we only looked at the start and finish points and saw an elevation change of 50m. However, this turned out to be a challenging day with countless steep climbs and steep descents before we were back onto the main circuit. Still, our spirits were so high from the day before and the views and scenery was always changing. The three of us kept a pretty good pace stopping only for water and to take pictures. We arrived in Yak Kharka only 20minutes behind Stefano and looked around the guesthouses for Pilu and Alberto. They didn’t appear to be there and so we sat down and had food with some other trekkers waiting for Tommy. Tommy appeared later on but still no sign of the Spaniards so after a few hours we decided to walk on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb