Day 4 - Annapurna Circuit - Chame (2670m) to Upper Pisang (3305m)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 12th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were up earlier than the other group (we shall call them Team B) and set off to a higher altitude. A few of us were nervous as to how our bodies would react as most of the group hadn’t been above 3000m before. Most of the day we spent walking along the jeep track so it wasn’t the most interesting of hikes but the views of the Annapurna’s were still a sight to behold. Once we did get onto the trekking trail we passed more small villages and also an apple orchard. We weren’t expecting to be reminiscing about our NZ jobs in Nepal but that just demonstrates the change in climate on the way up into the mountains. We walked up and up through some beautiful pine forests decorated in the multicolour prayer flags and carefully stacked towers of stones. The walk then opened up as we turned the corner towards Upper Pisang and we followed the river up through a dryer climate. The trees were becoming more sparse as we walked higher and smaller alpine plants were appearing. As we continued on we all caught our first proper sighting of Annapurna 2 (the 3rd highest mountain in the world, only) and what a monster it was. Pilu was starting to feel some of the side effects of the altitude medication she had taken but after a 10 minute rest she recovered and we all arrived in Upper Pisang together. We were given beautiful wooden bungalows with unbelievable views of Annapurna 2 again all for free. We spent the evening playing cards together and had some delicious food from the tea house to power us up for the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb