Day 3 - Annapurna Circuit - Danaque (2285m) to Chame (2670m)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 11th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The 13 of us were all up early having breakfast and getting ready for the day and we left in our two smaller groups in quick succession. Today was supposed to be a cruisey day of only 4 hours walking. We climbed 400 meters through the valley and up further into the mountains following woodland trails. The pine forest smelt amazing, there were waterfalls and rivers all around and we were all feeling fresh. We stopped for tea in a roof top guesthouse in a beautiful village surrounded by snowy capped mountains. We all sat back and sipped our tea doing 360 degrees of the most beautiful landscape we have ever seen. We walked on and up through more stunning landscapes looking forward to jumping in the hot springs when we arrive. At one moment we were walking across a suspension bridge and a herd of goats were crossing the other way with loads of babies and shepherds whistling and bringing up the rear.



After a few more Kms of walking we arrived in Chame. We were a group of 13 when we arrived and were given 40% off food and drink AND free rooms - result! We headed for the “hot springs” after setting down our stuff and it turned out to be more of a local bath/laundry than a place to chill out in the sun. All was not lost however! Kerrie gave us a great yoga session that afternoon and was just what we needed after all of the walking. That night we filled up on as much food and drink as we could and ordered some more apple pancakes for the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb