Living the Dream!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
November 5th 2010
Published: November 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



We left home around 9.30 on Tuesday morning, not sure how many hours later but here we are in Kuala Lumpur it's around 7pm Wednesday. Glad to be finally away after the endless jobs that needed to be done!

It's been over a year since we were last here, but just like Bangkok it's becoming like a second home to us so it feels great to be back, especially China Town, our favourite part of the city. We were lucky to get a room in Lee Mun guesthouse, the first place we tried. Despite it being late in the day it was a humid 32 degrees C a bit of a contrast from the 6 degrees when we left Britain.

On Thursday we escaped the hustle and bustle of the city and went to the Lakeside park - a lovely serene grassy area with lakes, fountains and wild mouse deer. We had planned to visit the aviary there but discovered that when we arrived two large school parties behaving like wild animals, racing around, screaming and fighting with plastic water bottles had beaten us to it. Before entering the aviary they piled into the gift shop and
Party of school children beat us to itParty of school children beat us to itParty of school children beat us to it

Thought we'd got away from this!!!
bought long whistles that mimicked the birdcall. This was the moment we decided to give the aviary a miss and visit the butterfly park instead! A wise choice - beautiful tropical gardens and waterfalls with the most gorgeous butterflies fluttering around. As we left we walked through an exhibition showing huge spiders and beetles from around Asia - very scary!!

Today we went to Kampung Baru, an old Malay part of the city; it was strange to see the old weather beaten houses with the huge skyscraper buildings of the city towering above.

We've spent two pleasant evenings dining out close to the crazy part of China Town - Petaling Street but we're now ready to move on.

Tomorrow we fly north to Laos for a complete contrast.






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



5th November 2010

Well done!
Fantastic reading Sheila - you're my inspiration at the moment that one day I might be 'travelling' too - very much so today in particular!! Keep writing!
5th November 2010

You only took photos of the nice butterflies. What about the evil insects like spiders?!! Maybe you didn't want to get that close!
8th November 2010

of course i didn't want to freak you out!
8th November 2010

Don't spend too long thinking about it. just do it you won't regret it!

Tot: 0.518s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb