Bed bugs and HUMONGOUS spiders


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
March 28th 2010
Published: March 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in KL extremely hot and sweaty after our bus journey. We started walking round China town for somewhere to stay, when we met a guy called Shaun who was very nice and helpful and told us a nice cheap hotel to stay in. We were right in the middle of the market which was very tempting to spend everytime we walked through!
We didn't do much in KL, as its very expensive...we even paid £5 for 2 beers, and it was crappy Carlsberg! We should have made a runner when we got the bill.
We spent a day being teased by hundreds of shops when we wandered round the shopping centres. I managed to control myself from not buying anything PLUS I went in 2 Topshops! Was very proud.
We visited the Petronas Towers which used to be the highest in the world. They are 286 times my height.
On our last day we were weak and spent a bit of money in the market! Mostly pressies though, so it was a mainly unselfish act. We then found a chinese restaurant, had some nice food and cheap(ish) drinks. Craig solved a chinese mans puzzle, and we seen a man busking on a guitar made from a bit of wood (that he cut in the shape of a guitar and drawn the strings on).
We left KL and we to Melacca. We expected Melacca to have more to see and do than it actually did. We went to a museum about tribal tattoos and piercings and weird beliefs some tribes have. There were also some bits on Chinese foot binding. It was ok, but not that exciting.
We haven't seemed to have had much look with rooms in Malaysia. We ended up changing rooms at 1am on the first night, as we seen quite a few bugs on the bed, and was not up for bed bugs spreading through our backpacks.
The weather seems to be quite tempremental in Malaysia and have had a few good thunderstorms and torrential rain. We spent one night in the pictures watching Alice in Wonderland 3D.

We decided it was time for some more sun and another beach, so we headed to Pulau Tioman, an island on the east coast. It took us all day to get to Mersing on the bus, and then we missed the last ferry to the island so we had to stay in yet another horrible room. This one had mesh around the top of the room so you could hear everyone else. Thank god we were only there 1 night! We left very early before sunrise for the ferry in the morning.
We got to Tioman, and it started raining...again! we also seen a big monitor lizard, some monkeys and about 4 HUMONGOUS spiders in the first 5 minutes.
Our room was ok though, and we had a few days chilling out and doing a bit of snorkelling.

We couldn't decide where to go next. We have just over 4 weeks left and Malaysia is quite expensive compared to Thailand. We were planning to go across to Sabah to do some diving but decided this would be too expensive and to do that, we would have to go home early. So we decided to head back to Thailnd for our last month, and see a few places we didn't see the first time.
So, we had to get our longest bus yet....the bus itself took 15 hours to the ferry port where we got the ferry to Langkawi.
All in all in took 19 hours to get there. We left at 5.30pm got one bus, then had to change in the middle of nowhere in a bus station. Then got on another bus through the night. Arrived at the ferry port in Kuala Perlis, got the ferry and arrived in the hotel at 12pm the next day! We were soo tired!





Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



10th April 2010

:)
Only a few weeks left! your time has gone so quick! my little ones are 1 in a few weeks :P be good to catch up when your back oh that image P3100688 looks like the place in skate :P damm im sad take it easy

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb