Whirlwind Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 27th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 3.12433, 101.684

Well we managed to get a lot done in a very limited time today. We woke around 9 to a buffet breakfast before our ship docked at Port Klang around 11am. It was a massive contrast on arrival, one side untouched jungle greenery, the other an apparent endless line up of industry, ships and shipping containers. We were greeted on arrival at the port by our taxi driver, Josef. From here, a one hour drive to Kuala Lumpur to meet Nats aunt Michelle, Andrew, Benjamin and Riana at the twin towers.After a brief lunch in the massive shopping mall we were headed up the towers for a tour. The first part being the bridge dividing the towers. Whilst offering impressive views, the observation deck was the higlight, located on the 85th floor, approximately 400 metres high. This viewpoint offered spectacular views of the city as far as the eye could see. With time of the essence we soon boarded a train to explore Kuala Lumpur further. No tickets for the trains, rather small blue tokens, and yes, also superior to Metro back in Melbourne. We enjoyed delicious iced coffee before wandering through the central markets. With time running out, Andrew rushed us into his car to transport us back to the port. We made it just in time, and big thanks to Michelle and Andrew for all their help in exploring Kuala Lumpur. It was great to see them all again.Back on the boat we headed straight for the pool and waterslide. I eventually decided four rides on the waterslide would be sufficient. Dinner followed, four courses (included meal) along with some delicious wine and after dinner cocktails on deck. Its now just passed midnight and time for sleep. Tomorrow our mini cruise ends, and we head back to Singapore for a couple nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



28th April 2013

Is it warm there Kris??? We were there in Early March and was Sooo Hot
29th April 2013

Yeah, warm and sticky!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb