Kuala Bear


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 1st 2006
Published: September 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After Penang we crossed the short stretch of sea to Butterworth where we took the sleper train to Kuala Lumpur. We arrived very early in the morning after terrible sleep to be whisked off to our booked accomodation opposite the bus station in mingville. We made an immediate executive decision (helped also by some strange man skulking around us) to get into another cab to a nice hotel. Kuala Lumpur improved a lot after that.

We went up to the sky bridge that links the two Petronas Towers, ate at the revolving restaurant up the KL Tower and got sprayed with foam and streamers by crowds of excitable teenagers in the streets on the eve of Malaysian Independance Day (Merdeka). We purchased more 'original' goods at the Chinese Market and enjoyed the cities various sites including the very odd Hindu Caves at Batu where we met more wild rubbish eating monkeys and a fat iguana.

We are getting close to the end now and it's very distressing. Only Melaka and Singapore left!

Looking forward to seeing you all. We will be suitably miserable so we bet you can't wait either!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb