Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 23rd 2012
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kuala Lumpur
So we arrived safely in KL and got a cab to Tracy's old mates apartment in the Mont Kiara district of the city. Trace knows her from uni - Emma mcglinchy and she kindly let us stay in her huge apartment across the road from a school she works at. We met up with her and her fella Matt and headed into Chinatown for cheap grub! Food was yummy and then we hit the markets - the cheapest, fake stuff you could ever imagine from ray bans through to huge LV suitcases. Heaven! We shopped around and bought a few bits including a Cartier and franck muller watch, a Louie purse and some shades! Not bad copies either!!! The best bit was haggling and trace found her niche... They would say 400, she would say, will you take 100! She then battled with them to knock em down, so we must have paid just £20 for the lot. Good times! Next day we headed to the Batu Caves which are caves (!) that have temples inside them... Quite interesting except that it is heavily organized for mass pilgrimage so not a lot of natural beauty left but despite that it was impressive. There were naughty monkeys and pigeons everywhere and the monkeys kept nicking people's things so we had to hold on tight to our bits. We headed back and had some lovely roti's with Matt and Emma. Next day we did some more browsing and shopping then headed to the KL Tower - a telecom tower which has lovely views.. Tash got to hold a tiny monkey in a nappy on the way in - cute but completely unnecessary. At the top the view was good but very hazy. We then headed to the Sky Bar at the Traders Hotel as recommended by Lovely Lou Allen and wow - what a gorgeous view of the stunning Petronus Towers!! The bar had a pool in it and we sat next to the huge windows facing the lit up towers - a cracking view and a great night!! Saying out goodbyes to em and Matt, we headed to the airport the next day to catch a flight to Krabi in Thailand. Except that we went to the wrong part of the airport and yet again, got the flight just in time... Why do we do it to ourselves?! Next stop, the land of Thais...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb