KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

heya all, this is the first of the blogs from Malaysia! Arrived yesterday at about 5:30pm, was just waiting for my bag when i heard a random voice asking us where we were from. This was Jason, an aussie guy who is on his way back to melbourne via KL and thailand. Turns out he is staying in a hostel just down the road from ours, and tried to get in to ours but it was full. Anyways, got a taxi from the airport, haggled the guy down from 180RM to 90, still a bit expensive but we were too tired to try anymore!the traffic was so bad so the journey took 2 hours, was probably better off getting the train, but ahwell we live and learn!
The hostel , Red Palm, is really nice, the people are so friendly, make you feel really welcome. Rooms ok, everything we need, and showers etc are clean, so cant really get much better. We were just going to go out for dinner, meeting Jason on the way, when a girl who was staying in our hostel asked if she could come with us, as her BF wasnt arriving until really late. Sarah is from ireland but works in london. We headed down to Chinatown, bit of a trek but we were going with what we know, had a nice dinner and a few beers in this touristy restaurant, think we got ripped off but hey we were hungry.
We had a walk about, then back to the hostel, watched a little TV until it was time to find a bar to watch the england game, went to the Green Man, a sort of english style pub about 5 mins walk from red palm. Beer was quite expensive, but there was a good atmosphere, full of english guys. Game kicked off at midnight, and finished about 2. Understandably quite tired we headed back straight for bed.
Got up at 9 this morning and went to the Batu caves, really good...good views from the top of the 272 steps!!bit of an ache on the calf muscles that early in the morning.after a good walk around we headed down the steps to the hindu temple, felt a bit weird walking around there, as we were the only foreigners in there, but the local guys made us feel welcome and even gave us a blessing, was really cool.We got a taxi back in to town to KLCC, twin towers place. we were a bit sweaty so the air-con was very much appreciated.had a bit of lunch then got a taxi to a shopping centre near the hostel, BB plaza. Had a mooch around there, then went back to the hostel as it started to rain, by the time we got back there it was raining really hard and there was a storm going on.Watched a movie while we waited for the storm to pass.we were all knackered so had a nap, and now im here writing this, sticks still asleep, and jason will be round in a minute to start the drinking, also its the birthday of one of the irish girls staying here, so might stick around to see what goes on there.
ta ta for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb