Kuala Lumpur Bird Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 19th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A few photos from the beautiful Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, world's largest free-flight walk-in aviary. Most of the birds were allowed to fly around freely, however, a few had to be enclosed. An Ostrich, who didn't much care for his restricted environment, spent our entire visit together trying to break out of his cage. Hopefully, the video of him will eventually upload.

With the exception of the Ostrich and a few other birds, most of the 3,000 birds on the property were allowed to go wherever they wished. This seems to be a much healthier environment for the birds than a traditional zoo type atmosphere.

The grounds are clean and beautiful and the birds appear to be well taken care of and very healthy. Park personnel can be found throughout the park, not only to answer questions, but most likely to keep a watchful eye on the birds and their human guests.

I think the entrance fee was rm39, which worked out to be around $13.






Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Ruffled feathersRuffled feathers
Ruffled feathers

This bird was completely annoyed at another bird who wouldn't leave him alone. It was quite funny to watch.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb