KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 5th 2009
Published: March 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, currently staying in a hostel in Kuala Lumpur (bed bugs and all!!). We have been here fir 3 nights now and have lots of things to let you know about. On this first day we just got used to the surrounding area and had a look at the markets and mcdonalds (3 in the local 500m). The next day we got up bright and early to visit the petronas towers (largest twin towers in the world) although you can only visit the skybridge that links the two towers and is only half way up the building (even from here you still tower over the rest of KL). Although we planned on visiting it early we could not get a ticket til 1pm so it limited what we could do that day. Yesterday we took a treck into the Jungle with a guide and had a swim in waterfalls and the rivers which was good fun. We also visited a Bhudist temple and had a dip in some spring baths (41 deg celsius). After making ourselves lobster pink we had some local Malaysian food that was rather nice and returned to the hostel pretty tired and pleased with our efforts. We have decided to stay at least one more day in KL and will most likely be moving onto Cameron Highlands in the centre of the country where we can visit tea fields and hopefully experience some cooler weather. We hope to spend 2-3 weeks in Malaysia before moving on to Thailand but that's a long way away at the moment.
Lots of love to everybody and hope you are all well.
Rob and Katie
x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb