KL - Kuala Lumpar


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in KL early afternoon and found our guesthouse, looked old and damp from the outside and it wasnt much better inthe room, as you will see by the pictures i took, but apart from that the location was excellant and the people that ran the place were nice.

We visited Chinatown, Little India and the Colonial Quarters and lots of shopping malls to cool off.

We went to the Petronas Towers, state owned Oil Company and has 88 floors(452m High) as a visitor you can only get to the Skybridge which is onthe 41st/42nd floor. The ticket system (800 only) is first come, first serve, so we arrived in the queue about 8am and was up inthe viewing bridge around 10am, the tickets are free which is always a bonus.

The towers were designed by the same architect who designed Canary Wharf in London - Cesar Pellis.

One tower was built by the Koreans and the other by Japanese.

While we was here it was Malaysia's 51st Anniversary of Independence, so everywhere you go there were stalls, muppet motor shows, singing and lots more, so at midnight onthe 29th Aug/30th there was going to be fireworks at the Petronas towers, so we head there around 9.30pm to get a good place by the towers and gardens, we sat through the rain and enjoyed people watching, it got to midnight the building llights went out and everyone gets ready then nothing happens, fireworks elsewhere but not at the towers, so we waited until 12.30 and still nothing, what a let down!

We visited the Menara KL Towers (Comminucation Towers) and because of the anniversary there were Base Jumpers, this tower is 421m high, for this day only we were allowed to access the open deck, we were all given harnesses to wear and attached ourselves around the edges, it was great fun, everyone up there was mad, getting ready to do their base jumping, all for fun!! Stu was in charge of the camera, as i could only just look over the edge but held on tight. Their was a TV bloke and his crew and he took a shine to Stu and I as we were English and interviewed Stu, i had to walk away it was really embrassing, Stu loved it! They asked me but i said no. We could stay on this deck for 20mins, but we were there much longer and then afterwards we can go to the Observation Deck, how boring after what we had just seen.

On our last day we took a walk out of the city to some Orchid Gardens really nice kept gardens, saw some wild monkeys onthe trees and large stalks up in the trees.

We enjoyed KL, not as clean and well kept as Singapore or HK though. Saw a fight with a group of blokes, it was 20 against 1, poor bloke got hit from all angles.

We leave here for Penang, we have to go across a 13km bridge, which is the longest in Asia, this will be our last stop before Indonesia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Lisa at the topLisa at the top
Lisa at the top

Petronas Towers inthe back ground


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb