Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a bit of a nightmare trip to Singapore... We left Taman Negara around 8am by boat, we caught a local bus to the train station, there were no seats in any class left for the next 2 days.... now this town there is nothing there, so we walked to the bus station and the only way to get to Singapore from here (Jerantut) is by bus to KL (Kuala Lumpar) which takes 3 hrs, then if there is an available bus to Singapore which takes approx 5hrs..... this was our only choice, so off we go, our 3hrs ends up being 4hrs, we walk through china town to the KL bus station, get on a bus which they say leaves at 5pm, they rushed us on as if it was leaving any second, there we sat and say, it leaves at 6pm and we get to the border crossing around 11pm and in bed around 1230, luckly we had already booked a homestay in Singapore, we just had to get a taxi there.

The next morning we had to change location to another apartment block, now this homestay was recommend by our friends we met in Vietnam, and
Stu's happy!Stu's happy!Stu's happy!

But its so expensive, more than at home/London so we are limited to 2 jugs only.
they said it was really nice, now they must of been really drunk the whole time or they stayed in the the first place we did, as our new place was how can i put it odd! we had two double beds with A/C so that was fine, but a shared bathroom out inthe living room area, next to the Kitchin, the sink from the kitchen drained into the bathroom, so you could see rice and what ever they put down the sink, an old man never used to sleep but just coughed up his guts, dropped his soup all over the floor and sat there for a good few minutes staring at it, his wife was a strange one and just smiled, then there was a bloke and young girl which were there a couple of times and they never said much either. The only time the old man spoke was to ask me if Dan was my brother!

Anyway back to Singapore and its sights.... it rained most of the time,so the first day we just went into shopping mall after shopping mall, I loved it, Boys were sick of them after 3days worth, we eventually got
Chinatown Hawker CentreChinatown Hawker CentreChinatown Hawker Centre

Nice Duck with Noodles
to see Chinatown, Clarkes Quay, Raffles Hotel and Fort Canning Park nothing else as the weather was pretty poor.

But really enjoyed what we saw and if we ever go that way again we would stop off for a few days and see the other sights.

We left Dan there this morning, as his off to OZ now for a few months.

We are back in Malaysia now for a further week or so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

One of the Million shopping MallsOne of the Million shopping Malls
One of the Million shopping Malls

If only Lisa could spend her days here, shopping!


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb