Kuala Lumpur (& the long awaited reunion!)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arose from exhaustive and well-needed sleep around midday and headed out into China Town. After using the interent we learned that Dale was flying into Kuala Lumpur the very same day. We mucnched another very tasty chicken and rice meal and then went in search of a triple room; the first time in the last eight weeks. The majority of the accomodation in Kuala Lumpur was either very pricy or a complete dump but in the end we opted to splash out a little more money and get a penthouse suite in a prime location just off the main hub of China Town. In the afternoon we headed out to wander around a little before heading back to the dump to collect our bags and move over to the 'suite'. After a very welcome shower and change we headed out to collect Dale from the bus station and then we headed out for a meal, more chicken and rice!

In the evening we spent a little while in a bar catching up on the last two months and then wandered around the night market before heading back to the room to relax and fall asleep watching a film.


JULY 23TH

We woke up early to get to the Petronas towers before the tickets ran out. Taking the monorail we arrived at around 9.30 and queued up to recieve our tickets. With and allotted time of 1.30pm we had some time to kill so we took a little wander to find breakfast. This turned out to be from an Idian market, Roti with assorted curries, superb breakfast! Wandering around the business district was not too much fun so we ducked into a few shopping malls to pass the time.

At 1.30pm we presented ourselves to the reception and headed up the Towers after a short introduction/brainwashing video, which was all Petronas propaganda but interesting enough. From the ground floor to the 41st floor took 40 seconds in the lift and the views from the skybridge were great, however you couldn't shake the feeling that you were standing in the most impressive buildings and looking at all the others! Once our allotted ten minutes were up we headed back into the shopping mall beneath the towers for a large Burger King before heading back to our neck of the woods in search of some cheap clothes, the malls were definitely not cheap!

In the evening we ate a claypot from the side of the road, with rice and chicken inside, and then walked to little India before retiring for the evening.


JULY 24TH

With Dale bringing a few bugs back when we met Ollie and Dale woke up feeling rough and with nasty colds. Mark and Dale decided to continue with the plan to go to a theme park while I elected to stay behind, not feeling up for a day of swimming and running around! Mark and Dale spent all day going on rides and breaking various items of footwear whilst I wandered around Kuala Lumpur, taking in the Comms tower, Petronas Towers and various other areas and Districts on a very long walk.

After meeting up again late in the evening we popped out for some excellent food before turning in absolutely exhausted.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb