The adventure begins...


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So the adventure begins...

We've finally made it to KL after our mammoth journey from NZ. Luckily enough for us - I enjoyed every moment. The plane to Singapore was a breeze with yummy food and heaps of games and films to entertain, followed by a mad rush via taxi and train to our overnight train and taxi again to KL. Even the overnight train was fun, comfortable and allowed a few less than 40 winks.

We arrived at our guesthouse at about 6am local time this morning and were unsurprisingly told to come back again later. We dumped our bags with them and headed out to explore for the day. First stop the mighty Petronas towers - they dominate the skyline and are absolutely awesome. Pitty that they are closed on a Monday so we couldn't go to the top so we headed for the KL Tower. Amazing views of the entire cityscape - just slightly more going on than Auckland! We spent the rest of the day getting our bearings, doing a small forest walk and sampling the local cuisine.

I am happy to now say that I have had my first shower in more hours than I care to count. Feeling much better and about to head off now to Chinatown to see the markets and see what other culinary delights we can find - apparently a "steamboat" is not to be missed. Will keep you posted.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb