KK


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
June 10th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night's chinatown experience was excellent. Once you get past the market stall workers relentlessly convincing you that you absolutely need to have a bolex watch etc it is really enjoyable. Jeff managed to haggle himself a cheap set of sunnies and we had the steaboat. Turns out to be a variety of meats, fish and veges on a stick, cooked in a chicken stock and served with a sweet and spicy satay sauce. Followed by drinks in the local reggae bar!

Today I woke with a pounding headache to show for our recent activities but onwards and upwards and to the airport we went. After a somewhat repetative Air Asia Radio with 2 and 1/2 hours of their top ten tunes throughout the journey we arrived safely in Kota Kinabalu. We felt pretty special when getting off the plane and vincent our hostel host was there waiting to take us to our accommodation.

We spent the day wandering town and the various markets here with a phenomenal amount of different bananas (apparently 40 types) and exotic fruit. We had a different but delicious lunch - not too sure what it was but def yummy!

Now off for another shower before hitting the town to see the sights and sounds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb