The Twin Towers


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 20th 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

sky bridgesky bridgesky bridge

its too high and theres no loo for 42 floors
Our single full day in KL will see us have a little exploration (Toys R Us) and a highlight being the Twin Towers minus any American Tourists.

Having wasted most of the day sweating in bed and feeling generally unwell due to the dodgy Malaysian food form the night before and a nice splodge of eczema around my right eye, which disapeared throughout the day, there was only really time for eating and seeing one sight; the Twin Towers.

As expected, KL is a large sprawling city where you never see the sun due to its smog content but go up a dquillion feet in the Petronas Towers and you get above cloud level and can shake hands with Cosmonauts.

Not allowed to the top of the building, unlike in Sydney and Melbourne, we settle for the Skey Deck at a mere 170m above the ground. Somehow my guts make it through the 58 metre long walking deck. If there is one thing that I hate other than Cocoa Cola, its heights.

Allegedly, tickets are limited to 1700 per day and it came as a suprise to us that we just rocked up and got them for 5.15. When we were tolf it was 5.15 I was about to hand money over and after a few strange glances and further mumbles of communication we found it as for 5.15pm and buckshee. Mike likes it cheap and loves it free.

More pics to follow

Info:
The Petronas Twin Towers (also known as the Petronas Towers or Twin Towers), in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia are the world's tallest twin buildings. They were the world's tallest buildings from 1998 to 2004 if measured from the level of the main entrance to the structural top, the original height reference used by the US-based Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat from 1969.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb