Meeting yet more celebs!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 13th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Not long since my last blog but we find ourselves with a little time to kill so why not!

We are now in Kuala Lumpur but have booked a flight to bangkok leaving on tuesday evening. The flight takes only 40 minutes versus a 2 day journey on the train for 6 pounds less?!! Bit of a non-brainer really!

Today is Hari Raya - the end of Ramadan and there have been celebrations in the city with more people around due to the fact that it is also a public holiday. They also have a 'meet the PM session' where you can line up to shake hands with the PM and have some free food! It was really busy and surprisingly there were no real security checks or crowd control! It was nice to see people so enthusiastic about meeting him but I wonder how things would be treated in the UK (especially considering the vast amount of food was surely paid for by the tax payer)?! You would have expected anti-war protestors, fathers for justice etc back home but all passed off nicely and we were as welcome as anyone, the PM even pausing to ask where we were from and how we found his country! Unfortunately I didn't have time to discuss the over-development of Juara!

We plan to visit a forest plantation tomorrow and a water-park on Monday - Can't wait, it's years since I have been!

Other than that, it's a bit of a shock to be in a noisy city again. We are moving to a different part of town tomorrow, closer to the business district - we are in China-town at present. It's ok, they even have trained rats that make sure that you leave the hostel safely! and I think that the cockroaches on the wall outside must be some sort of undercover spies!! ....... We'll see....


Advertisement



26th October 2007

cool!
Cool the picture on the previous page, what an honour! For this one you're a dirty binner! Two or three hours sleeping... what a nice result :) see you!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb