Wine and Music in the Park!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 11th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning we visited the Batu caves situated 13km from KL. These caves are made out of limestone (400 metres long by 100 metres high) which were discovered in 1892. The caves are a sacred place where Hindu is practised. We walked up all 272 steps, where we were greeted by long tailed macaque monkeys, temples and incense sticks & magnificent views. After we ate at a vegetarian Indian cafe where we had a variety of spicy vegetables, samosas, dough balls and rice presented on a banana leaf. Then we were told that we must fold the leaf towards us - as this signifies that we have enjoyed the meal!

In the afternoon we visited the Petronas towers - the tallest towers in the world. At the bottom of each tower is a designer shopping mall to include both M&S and Top Shop! The afternoon was spent in the park situated next to the towers. It is a great open space with tropical plants and a live band. The park had a man-made waterfall, a lake where children can paddle, with fantastic water fountains which alter their intensity according to the music rhythm. We enjoyed a glass of wine whilst listening to the band & watching the sunset. On our way back we got an impressive view of the TV tower and Petronas towers lit up by night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.3148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb