Little Boxes


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
February 27th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kuala Lumpur is becoming as familiar to us as Bangkok. The great thing about familiarity is that it's easy getting around on public transport. Kuala Lumpur has some of the best transport systems we've come across so far, the mono rail and the light rapid transport train take you around the city without the need for roads and thus traffic.
It's also the best place for cheap Air Asia flights to other parts on S. E. Asia. This is the reason we're back here again. Tomorrow we fly to Ho Chi Ming City in Vietnam for our next adventure.

After a 7 hour frustrating bus ride we finally arrived here. The journey was supposed to take 5 hours but they omitted to tell us that there would be a 50 kilometre detour to drop a group of ten people off!

By the time we got here our usual guesthouse was full so we went in search of another. We found a good clean one centrally located. The good side was that it had air con, free wi fi, constant boiling water to make coffee, free cold drinking water and a hot water shower, luxury! We’ve not had a hot shower for over 4 weeks! The downside, however, was that there was no window at all, once in the room we were cut off from the world, having no idea what the weather was doing or if it was day or night! It’s quite common in this part of the world to get rooms like this so they can cram more in. Considering it cost less than £12 a night in the heart of a major city you can’t complain.



There are a few rooms with windows so this morning I asked if we could change if one became available, success by 9.30am I got a call (yes we even had a phone) to say we could switch. It feels so much better to be able to see the sky.



Later this morning we went a walk to escape the heat of the city. The botanical gardens here are a favourite of ours, so serene and peaceful. By 3pm the grey clouds were gathering so we headed back and I’m now spending the afternoon catching up with internet in my room with a window. Hope the rain keeps off as we want to go to little India in K.L for more delicious food tonight.



Tomorrow we fly to Vietnam and who knows what we'll be eating there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb