Petani beach and the fishermen village


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
April 21st 2012
Published: June 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After 4 nights at Besar we took the water taxi to Petani Beach on Pulau Kecil. This is a very calm and peacefull beach, just 5 huts. We enjoyed the huts, they we’re more spacious and more comfy. Still now and then the generator fell out and we had to light a candle or two.

Here Skye really got over his waterfobia!

We enjoyed a stormy evening as well as starry nights and even falling stars.

Kids ate despite of the limited choice on the menu like crazy ( pitta bread filled with lots of veggies and feta cheese…)

Here we could snorkel right from the beach into a small coral reef. Liv joined her papa on the back and saw a little stingray and lots of nemo’s of course.

From here you can take a walk trough the jungle (slow pace 30 minutes) to reach the only Fisherman’s Village on the Island where local people reside. First morning we did so, because we wanted to go with Ask to see a doctor… He was suffering again from lots of spots on his skin and we suspected him from having a severe staphylococcus outbreak. You can imagine how it went, the doctor attended us immediately but of course couldn’t tell what it was, probably a virus. Anyway, we paid €3.5 and got some medicines (creams) with us. That was that, we had some lunch, strolled around and headed back to our beach. By coming back we disturbed a huge monitor lizard during his sunbathing and he moved fast into the water, WOW.



We had a splendid stay here, the only thing we missed was a nice fresh beer at the end of the day ( no alcohol available). L


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Fishermen village Fishermen village
Fishermen village

after 20min walk trough the jungle


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb