Hello Indonesia!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Lake Toba
May 8th 2012
Published: May 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we left Penang. Before this we were on Langkawi a couple of days, unfortunately we didn't post anything on the blog yet. We thought maybe it was time to stop with trying to catch up, because it doesn't seem to work out, instead we get more behind.

We left Batu Ferringhi thinking it was time for another adventure. We took a plane and flew to Medan. The flight was very short (1h), even too short for the kids... We stayed one night in Medan 14th floor of a hotel and immediately by arrival we became spectators of an impressive thunderstorm. The electricity of the whole city went, except for the buildings with generators ( we were lucky). We saw the most amazing and longlasting lightning show of our life, just incredible. We were so happy that we got out of the plane just before... Jesper still had to get out in the storm to get some milk for Ask's bottle, and by the time he got back, little Ask had fallen asleep, poor him 😊 And then we slept like babies.

In the morning we arranged our transport to Danau Toba. Things seem to go very easy, people are very friendly and helpfull. The hotel called around and for a good price ( 210.000 IDR for all of us) we fixed a ride. So they picked us up, then we drove to the agency to change car ( yes, it was more like a taxi service ) and 3 more people joined us. 1 Kiwi, Douglas, and 2 Indonesian people, with whom the kids had a lot of fun. Liv and Skye got some chewingum from the Indonesian lady and although they don't speak the same language they were all talking together...

Anyway, a bit past 11am we hit the road. The road was very busy all the way and I really don't know if I (stef) would dear to take the stearing, my god, what a chaos, and still there must be some order in the chaos. Pretty amazing how it works out here. Douglas told us that 20 years ago it was a lot worse. Not a lot went wrong, except that Douglas forgot his bag with passport and cash after a piss stop at a police station and that Skye puked twice and Liv only once, yoepie! The poor kids were taken care of by the nice lady who gave a massage with a nice smelling oil... Afterwards even Ask got a little massage.

We arrived in Parapat around 16pm thanking Allah and Jesus and the driver that we survived this trip! Terima Kasih!

18pm we got the ferry to TUKTUK on Samosir Island and viewed a nice sunset, checked in at Bagus bay and ordered a nice meal and a beer! Here it's not Muslim but Christian and we feel it immediately in the atmosphere: batak people and tourist playing guitar, singing songs, drinking beers together, nice nice....


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th May 2012

prachtig
Ben zo blij dat jullie het geweldig naar jullie zin hebben. Thanks for great pictures.
11th May 2012

Lake Toba is echt naar onze zin!
Dag moetjen (en vo), zit er maar niet mee in hoor, het is hier echt fijn, aangename temperaturen, prachtige uitzichten, leuke ambiance en genoeg afwisseling voor elk van ons! xxx
17th May 2012

ameeeezing
hello! jullie hebben het daar blijkbaar echt super naar jullie zin! Superleuke fotos, waw, die landschappen, dat weertje, het lekkere eten,... dat helpt natuurlijk hé! de kids genieten blijkbaar ook volop. Doe zo voort zou ik zeggen! hier gaat alles zijn gangetje, de laatste dagen beginnen we toch een beetje lente-gevoel te krijgen, of we willen het gewoon hebben! Laatste dagen buiten gegeten, zomerkleedjes aangetrokken, nog een beetje frisjes maar te doen ;-) alé, dikke kussen en tot ...
21st May 2012

helaba daar genieters,zalig zeg waar jullie allemaal heen gaan. askje ziet er nog meer deugnietje uit zeg, skye is weer gegroeid zeker? En liv w een echte mejuffer. we missen jullie hier nog steeds hoor en ons (n)laloeke mist askje ook zenne. amuseer jullie nog maar verder. dikke kus en veel knuffels van onskesxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb