Day 02: Lambir Hills National Park and Tusan Beach (May 2019)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Miri
May 20th 2019
Published: December 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 20th May 2019

After breakfast this morning, we made our way to the Lambir Hills National Park about 30 minutes drive away. From the Park Ranger's Office, we headed to the waterfalls which sadly had been reduced to a trickle given the dry season. There were a few other trails with varying distances and difficulties which we could embark on as well.

On our way back to Miri city, our driver made a detour at Tusan Beach where the famous cliff of the same name was located. This was the highlight of the day given the clear blue skies which certainly made every photographer dreams come true. The powdery sands on the near-empty beach made it seemed like a paradise which certainly surpassed all initial expectations of the place.

Back at the city in the evening, we took a pitch stop at Chapter One Cafe before heading to the Miri City Fan for some photo shoots of the evening sky. Dinner was a local coffee shop affair where the handmade Chee Cheong Fan was the saviour. We also ordered a portion of the Claypot Chicken Rice which was a huge disappointment though. Handsome was happy that he managed to locate his favourite lapis from one of the bakeries in town. And by the time we reached the night market, most of the shops were already closed for the day given the long weekend.

After all the walking in the day, we rounded the evening with a well-deserved massage at Lemongrass Family Reflexology & Spa in the city centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb