Borneo- Kota Kinabulu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary
December 19th 2011
Published: December 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After flying from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur we finally reached Kota Kinabulu. We headed to our hostel, Masada Backapackers and were taken to our very cool room with rice fields canvas on the walls. the place had a great homely feel and even had a toaster and tea and coffee machines so we could make a piece of toast whenever we fancied 😊 we spent the evening with two british guys and a german and conversed till early hours of the morning on the balcony.

the next morning we were taken to an island by our german buddy and spent hours on the lovely beach and in the sunshine! mel even got a free massage. the speed boat ride back to the city was cool too and the driver hit top speed! that evening we went with our new friends to a local traditional malaysian resteraunt and then to the local night market for a spot of shopping. then the rain hit and we took shelter in a bar, had a few drinkies and listened to a very hip local band playing western music! realising the rain would not go away we made a run for it and stopped to see some an amazing firework display! we made it back to the hostel and spent the night talking and drinking till early morning!

the next day was a chiller- we explored the city passing through a shopping mall, tried some local foods and went to the local cinema to watch the new mission impossible. kota kinabulu was a great city and we met some great people!



x h

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb