Sihanoukville-Cambodia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
December 15th 2011
Published: December 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As always the bus jounrey to the coast was another painful 14 hours. First we had to change bus three times and to top things off it was a 730am start with 'colourful' people on board with us ie a loud mouthed British chav, always fun!

We arrived at the coast later than expected because halfway through the journey the chav and her friend got off and lost track of time and missed the connecting bus, we had to wait 45 mins for them to be found 😞 We then got ourselves a tuk tuk and went in search of accomadation. Every hostel along the coast was fully booked so we found ourselves in a little Swedish hotel in town for the night, which was actually really nice and comfy. In the morning we moved to a guest house right on the beach 😊

We spent the day on the beach and made friends with two local Cambodian kids who made us friendship bracelets. I think they just wanted to use Hiral's Ipod to play Angry Birds and listen to rihanna. In the evening we went to Mick and Craig's for dinner then onto JJ's bar where we bumped into people from the bus (including the chav), guys from Siem Reap, people we met tubing in Laos and best of all a guy who works in Morrisons in enfield, woop! The bar was a 1990s hip-hop throwback (Elaina would have loved it) with a fire show and whisky buckets (puke). After partying to the same songs we've been listening to for the past month and a half we crashed out. We spent our next day on the beach again and watched the sunset, which was absolutely beautiful. We headed back to our room where we surprised by an unwanted visitor- a lizard! I attempted to get the thing out with a bucket but it jumped at me and landed on my sleeping liner, waaa. We somehow folded it up and threw it out, mission complete. We headed out to the big easy where we had the best food ever. We ordered mojitos and i swear to god they were the strongest cocktails ever, i had one and was practically on the floor. The owner of the bar, Tim from Amersham was mental. i thought he was gay until he put the moves on me, left me thinking i must look like a lady boy.

In the morning we woke up to a power cut but luckily it was time to go. We got the bus back to Phnom Penh to catch our flight to Borneo. We thought we would have one last dinner at the Mad Monkey, our fave plave to eat in Cambodia but when we got there it was being dug up 😞

Our time in Cambodia was awesome and is def one of our favourite places, we were sad to leave, but hopefully we will be back!

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb