Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
December 9th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The journey begins in Phnom Penh and our ride to the bus station. We had the craziest tuk tuk driver ever who laughed non stop for no reason, he was cute. At the bus station we bumped into some weird guys we came across in the hammocks in the mekong delta (small world). The mini bus initself was another adventure. Our driver considered himself an F1 driver, he was going so fast in the rain, on dirt roads, he even made Hiral motion sick. Once we reached Siem Reap we got ourselves another tuk tuk, unfortunately he had NO IDEA where our hostel was, he took us to the wrong one then we got him to take us to an irish bar where we had to call the hostel so they could come and meet us. Luckily the hostel owner is English and was able to come and find us 😊

Day 1- We went to Angkor Wat Temples, with the same tuk tuk driver lol. He was miserable. The temples were AMAZING. We climbed to the very top and we were so proud. Its tough in the heat, especially when you have Chinese tourists snapping at their cameras. We went to the temple where Tomb Raider was filmed, that was awesome, very cool. It didnt make either of us want to adopt a Cambodian baby like Angelina did though. There are so many different temples and ruins to explore but halfway through Hiral and I were sweating to death. We stopped for some lunch (a plate of chips) and i bought myself a Angkor beer vest top, wooop. We continued on with our tour until our legs fell off. It was a brilliant day. It was tiring but the temples were amazing, so worth it. I recommend everyone does it or at least googles it, so beautiful to see!

In the evening we ventured out into pub street!!! We had yummy traditional Cambodian food and mojitos 😊 We walked off our food then sat down in a lively bar for a beer. We look to our left and who do we see, Brad the Californian from the bus! So we joined him and his strange friend who happened to be a choreographer from LA. Halfway through drinks, in the pouring rain he pulls out some LED light strobe things on a string and goes into the street and starts performing!!! It attracted lots of attention, even a free jug of beer. He sat back down, smoked himself a cigar then decided hewanted a massage and left, taking Brad with him. So what did me and Hiral do...we partied the night away in Cambodia!!

Tomorrow we are heading to Sihanoukville for the beach, cant wait....

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb