Days 6/7 - Krabi and farewell Thailand, welcome Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
October 27th 2013
Published: October 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After the crazy day careering around Phi Phi, a sense of calm prevailed on our one free day this week. Sally and I decided to spend it on Krabi's Ao Nang beach, blissfully peaceful and empty with everyone else presumably on their speedboats. The heavens opened in time for dinner (as usual) so the whole group forsook Thai cuisine and had dinner in the Carnivore restaurant next to the hotel - guess what they specialise in!

Then on Sunday we headed off for the border, and our next destination, Penang in Malaysia. A ten hour drive by minibus, which was much more comfortable than we expected. Our last Thai meal that lunchtime, in a simple roadside cafe was, homestay banquet aside, easily the best. In fact we were a bit disappointed with food in Thailand, too much western spicy and not enough Thai spicy, to quote Alif. Let's hope Malaysian cuisine is better.

We arrived in George Town, the capital of Penang around 8pm. Our first Malaysian meal was a simple canteen-style place serving suberb Malay and Indian food. Our combined bill was 25 ringitts, that's a fiver. We think we're going to like Malaysia!

Advertisement



31st October 2013

Sounds amazing!
Just opened your blog and have caught up on the fantastic time you've been having - including, Sally, a birthday you'll never forget! Thanks for taking time to write, it's great to read it and see the photographs. This blog is such a good idea! Carry on enjoying yourselves. Clare x

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb