Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever seen the film Indochine? It's one of my all time favorite flicks and although it is set in Vietnam, much of the movie was filmed on Penang Island in Malaysia where there is beautiful colonial architecture still intact. I decided to visit Penang mainly to see and stay at the historic Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion after reading about it in a guidebook. To my delight, on the mansion tour, I learned that the mansion was one of the settings used in Indochine. What a treat to see actual set pieces used by Catherine Deneuve!

The Blue Mansion as it is sometimes called has an elegant atmosphere and imparts serenity to its guests. I felt right at home and there is also a wonderful staff who strive to make your stay a pleasant one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cheong Fatt Tze MansionCheong Fatt Tze Mansion
Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion

rickshaw used in Indochine
Best Rickshaw Driver in TownBest Rickshaw Driver in Town
Best Rickshaw Driver in Town

Rickshawing through Chinatown with Stacey at midnite with Chinese music blaring


2nd June 2007

SO COOL!!!!!
JEAAAALOUUUUS!!!! so weird. indochine is one of my fave movies too - i never knew you loved it. so cool you got to go there! catherine deneuve is one of the all-time most beautiful women. my friend argues with me that sophia loren was more alluring but i think catherine deneuve was more graceful and elegant and beautiful.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb