Day 12


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
January 28th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yet again an early start - this time to go and see a temple! We got taxi's which took us to the temple, waited an hour while we looked around and then dropped us at the blue mansion (a house built by someone famous who had several wives and has something to do with Feng Shui!)

The temple was very impressive and there was a massive bronze statue. The housing around the statue was still under construction and you were able to buy tiles to eventually go on the roof and help them fund the project. Mel, Chris (one of the London Lads) and I decided to buy a tile and had our names and the date written on it!

The blue mansion wasn't quite as impressive! You had to get a guided tour around the house which was fairly boring. It wasn't quite as we expected either since we hoping to be shown/told how to arrange our using the method of Feng Shui, but the woman doing the tour only mentioned Feng Shui once!

We had booked a table at the Eastern and Oriental for afternoon tea at 2.30 so we met up with Steve, Jen and Lisa at the hotel and walked there. The hotel was very impressive and we felt slightly out of place, luckily we had made some effort and dressed up for the occassion! The hotel is owned by the same people as own Raffles but the afternoon tea is a fraction of the price. It was absolutely delicious - mini sandwiches, scones and cakes which kept being refilled until we could eat no more! The tea was really good too and we were able to choose which variety which had. We had a gentle stroll back to the hotel via a really nice market (and a pub!).

That evening we were suitable stuffed from dinner so we decided to wander round little India and ended up being invited into a temple and getting blessed! We then had to walk around for the rest of the night with red dots on our foreheads because we thought it might be offensive if we rubbed them off!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me and JenMe and Jen
Me and Jen

Here we are having afternoon tea at the Eastern and Oriental Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
Emma and LisaEmma and Lisa
Emma and Lisa

Here we are having afternoon tea at the Eastern and Oriental Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
Emma and MeEmma and Me
Emma and Me

Taken after we had been blessed!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb