Pandan Waterfalls


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Kuantan
February 9th 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was the 3rd day of Chinese New Year... Enough of visiting relatives and bingeing on the new year goodies... We made out way to the Pandan Waterfall which was about 1.5hr car ride from Kuantan.

Actually, my family had visited Pandan Waterfall many years back but I had no recollection of it at all. Heard the Waterfall was rather unkempt until a major clean-up not long ago.

While driving to the Waterfall, my mum also shared her experience of visiting the place when she was young. Without proper roads and cars in the 60s/70s, the Waterfall had to be reached with sheer perseverance on foot. It was incredible that they walked like almost half a day to get to it from a bus stop on the main road.

I could hardly jusify the walk was well worth. But with modern day's transport and infrastruture, it was well worth a visit.

The Waterfall was a pretty pleasant place and seem popular with the locals. Luckily, we reached early. Otherwise we would have to park the car far away from the entrance. The crowd start streaming in after 10-11am.

After 10-15 mins walk uphill from the entrance, we reached the waterfall. It was really a pretty nice place to be massaged by falling water, fool around with friend/kin.. that's if you don't mind getting wet.. If you are like me, not wanting to get wet, you could watch ppl play, sun bathe a little, kick back n relax...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb