Mossy Side & Misty Eyed


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands » Tanah Rata
December 14th 2011
Published: January 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After stuffing our faces with noodles for breakfast we hopped aboard a bus from Kuala Lumpur to the Cameron Highlands. We were welcomed by heavy rain, which was a nice change to the hot and sticky temperatures we had had elsewhere in South East Asia. Having arrived fairly late there was little we could do but eat and get to bed ready for the next day.

The following day we had a lazy morning, then set out to find the tourist information centre to get a map of the many jungle trails that are around the Cameron Highlands. We had originally planned to walk to Sam Poh Temple (buddist), however the information on the map said it was a three hour walk and thinking we would not be able to get to there and back before dark we decided to do a shorter walk to a waterfall.

The timings on the map seemed to be a little off, we overshot the waterfall, and found ourselves just outside the next town in which the temple was situated. We therefore managed to see the temple and get back before dark and even managed to find the waterfall on the way back!

The following day we had a rest and planned what trail we would do the next day. We decided on Trail One as we would get to see the mossy forest, and knew the next town along (Brinchang), where the trail started was not too far away.

We set off for Brinchang fairly early in the morning, when we got there we stopped for a drink, then went to find the start of the trail. Which involved climbing over lots of mud and a pipe just to start. The trail itself was fun, muddy and in some cases, tricky (occsionally we would have to pull ourselves up on tree roots!) and went up a mountain (Gunung Brichang ; 6,666ft). Around 3/4 of the way up we were surrounded by cloud and mist. Looking up as far as we could we spotted a dog peering at us from behind a tree, she then followed us to the top, all the way down the road to the bottom of the mountain and half way to Binchang; before we got a lift! We had some dinner, then headed back to our town for a much needed rest.

The following day we set off for Penang, via a rest stop in Ipoh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb