Quiet streets and museums, Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
January 6th 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're back-dating a little now, (time has flown by since New Year)...

So we left Kuala Lumpur - our plans of going to Borneo to trek amongst the orangutans didn't take shape. Flights were fully booked. So where to go? We had a week before our flight out of Singapore and we were sure we didn't want to go straight there. So it seemed a good idea to take a stop in Melaka - roughly half way between KL and Singapore.

There's really not much to say. We planned on staying a couple of nights and stayed 4. It was a lovely, quiet little place with plenty of character and everything within walking distance. We stayed in Chinatown which was like taking a step back in time. Everyone going about their lives like we weren't there, with houses opening out on to the street. The town was very relaxing with plenty to see. We actually visited a KITE museum?!? A nice change from the hectic streets of Kuala Lumpur. At the weekend, the nights were a little more lively, with the clan houses along the main street in chinatown blaring painful kareoke tunes as the chinese let the hair down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



5th February 2007

this looks really beautifully quiet - you must have been pleased to get some peace for a while!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb