the beach life lives on...


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have moved onto another Island and to be honest the lifestyle lives on just the same, getting up late, going to the end of our block to get onto the beach, which takes a whole 30 seconds, we then just hang out, go Parasailing, and rent jet-skis and mince around for most of the day. The fact that we are now in Malaysia has not really changed thing for us, though the cost of beer is higher and more of the women are covered up...

The trip over was fine, the usual bus, jeep, boat and then as i got off the boat the stubed my other big toe, so i now have one thats backened from Sri Lanka and the other one blackened from Malaysia...well i guess they both match.

I also also got really sick, Nell diagnosed me with having " Asia " and as she has been in these parts for the last 6 months and has a degree in Science i am thinking she knows what she is talking about. It was all very drematic and i was calling out for the doctor and Nell said it would all be over soon, she was right again and i was fine that evening...though walking past the evil "Jack fruit" still makes me feel sick, i have to hold me breath whenever i see it, the evil spiky stuff.

Have found a great cafe that an older English couple are running out here, they think it is all very brave to be traveling on my own, and that things like this never happened in their day, i guess in some ways it is kinda brave, but not when you are turning 28 next year and this is not the first time you have left the British shores. They were very sweet and their food amazing, will have to check it out again tonight.

Two things that keep happening to Nell and i is that when we get chatting to locals, lots of them think that Nell is half Asian, i guess that she does have Almond shaped eyes but they are bright blue and she has naturally blonde hair! When i correct them and say that i am the one who is half asian they look at me in disblief like i am the one lieing! The other thing is that when people ask where we are from and we say England and Ireland, they also find that kinda hard to understand, that English and Irish people can be friends, they have again looked at us in a funny way and asked if "this thing happens alot?" I guess they know alot more about our history and all the stuff that is still going on. Its a shame that English people don't know more about south east asian history...

Snorkling i think is the go for tomorrow and then we have to get the boat, bus, train and any other form of transport to get us back to Bangkok, so Nell can go home and i can finally start on the loop. I think it will be good for me to have something to focus on, rather then just hanging out at the beach, though i am getting rather good at it. I guess i will just have to hang out in jungels up north and see some Elephants.

Not a bad way to spend your time...xoxoxoxo



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb