Desaru with DC (Mar 2018)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Desaru
March 4th 2018
Published: March 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 4th March 2018

Checking in at the Sands and Sandals Resort was a pleasant experience. We had a pool facing room with a partial seaview. The bedroom was spacious with an outdoor bath at the balcony. Our minor gripe was the less than satisfactory air-conditioning which DC woke up with sweat the next day.

Our afternoon activities included kite flying by the peaceful beach and taking naps on the sun deck chairs by the swimming pool. For dinner, we drove out to the Indian Mamak stalls for our delicious roti canai and nasi goreng pattaya. On our way back to our room, we headed back to the beach to set off some mini-fireworks as well as moon watching by the sea.

Breakfast the following day was nothing to shout about which was a shame given that the resort is trying very hard to reinvent itself. After the uninspiring breakfast, we headed back to our room to continue our naps before it was time to check out in the afternoon.

This was a peaceful getaway for myself and a childhood dream fulfilled. We promised that we would be back again in 30 years time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb