Desaru with DC (Mar 2018)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Desaru
March 3rd 2018
Published: March 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 3rd March 2018

Our Desaru roadtrip started on Saturday morning when DC arrived at my place sometime after 6am. The strategy was to beat the weekend crowds at the Woodlands Checkpoint by having an early start. Desaru have been a bucketlist as far as my travel plans go. It was one of the earliest places in Malaysia that I knew it existed. The story goes back to 1991 when there was a school trip and for some reasons, I was not able to make it for the trip. Flashback 27 years later, I was soon on my way to Desaru in March 2018 courtesy of DC.

Our efforts paid off as we arrived at our breakfast place at Restoran Gim Cheng around 7+ in the morning. This is a no-frills Dim Sum place near to Mount Austin where it was teeming with locals on weekends. We ordered a couple of items on the menu and was really happy with our selections. The chicken porridge that is sold out rather early is a must-try.

Next, we headed to IKEA Johor Bahru to get a couple of items for my house before proceeding to Aeon Tebrau City to purchase some groceries for this afternoon.

Continuing our roadtrip along Senai Desaru Highway, we soon passed through the massive Desaru Bridge that spans across the Johor River. Bandar Penawa is the first town that greeted us as we continued our journey along the coastal road to the Sands and Sandals Resort where we would be staying for a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb