Hong Kong to Vietnam


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
December 14th 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The trip so Far

Guernsey, Gatwick, Heathrow, Hong Kong Airport, Hong Kong Nathan Road, Macua, Guangdong, Guilin, Nanning, Hanoi

Hi again everyone,

Just a quick one this time, basically an escuse to add more pics!

After our short but fun filled time in Hong Kong we decided on a trip to Macau. Macau is on the coast of southern China and a short boat trip away from Hong Kong, also boasting the fact that it overtook Las Vegas in terms of income from casinos, so well worth the trip.

So while we were there we visited a couple of top casinos, stakes where a bit high to do any gambling so no money lost there! Instead we decided to spend our money on a night on the town, visiting a couple of bars and the local club. After a few drinks and trying to decided wether the girl chris was chatting too was a prostitute or not ( we have now decided not, well thats what i think anyway) we where back in our dingey hotel.

The next day consisted of a trip up Macau tower (230m high, or so) where we got some awesome views, and then crossed the border into China.

The first stop on our short trip (coach) through China was Guangdong. Tired from travelling all day we thought it would be easiest to eat in the Hotel restaurant rather than walk round looking for somewhere to eat. The quiet night we had expected turned into a bit of a strange one when the restaurant waiter decided he was going too join us for the meal. Uninvited he sat down at our table and began to eat our food and drink our beer between serving us. Conversations slow when you have to use the english/Chinese book for every word but we had a laugh! Promptly finishing our meal we thought we would have an early night but were not the only ones! The waiter thought he was coming back to our room, well we found this out when he walked us back to our door. Luckily after repeatedly pointing to good night in the translation book he seemed to get the message and headed off. Definately the strangest moment of the trip so far!!

Happy to be leaving Guangdong and the strange waiter behind we caught the long distance overnight train to Guilin, which was a bit of a detour from our original plan over going straight to Nanning. After catching another train to Nanning we took a dodgey looking bus to Pingxhai where we stayed the night a few miles from the Chinese/Vietnam border.

Eating in China is somewhat of an experience especially with goat and snake on the menu! So i decided to include a picture of the type of food we had been eating, yup chinese pot noodle! Bread was also a favourite of ours.

A quick tax ride later and we had arrived at the Chinese/ Vietam border.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

FunnyFunny
Funny

Chris and Jon took the culture comment a bit too far
Chinese Pot NoodleChinese Pot Noodle
Chinese Pot Noodle

Basically the new diet


24th December 2006

Looks like your travelling in style!! nice coach! and as for the waitor.... i think its you hes looking at there! your in!
27th December 2006

You mug.
9th January 2009

Good reading your stories! Good Luck from Spain!
11th March 2009

Travels
Glad to hear you enjoyed them. Been anywhere good recently?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb