TREKING TRAVELLING & TUBING


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

TREKINGTREKINGTREKING

The Gang Soaked and we had only just started
Hi

Sorry for the delay in my updating my blog things been very hectic here!!

Firstly went treking to 2 days in ChangMai our luck of course it rained like i have never seen rain before for the most of it- we started off on the Wednesday 1st Oct? got picked up at our guesthouse at 9am there was us 5 Grace & 2 of her gang and Anna & George who we mwt in bangkok they are Portugesse & are on honeymoon they great craic and went to a market to buy our supplies to cook dinner- we only had left changmai an hour and it started to lash- we stopped off enroute to see a temple/buddha i swear if i never see one again it will be too soon- We got to our start point and it rained ( flute, Damon & Wigs decided they were to manly to wear rain poncho lol think they regretted it) & we treked then it rained some more and we fell all about the place we were filthy(i have a pic to prove it will upload later)- Wiggy was the only 1 of us that didnt fall he reckons he
Leanne after she fellLeanne after she fellLeanne after she fell

my dirty ass- i walked for hours like this every1 was laughing at me
had 4wheel drive with his crutches- we treked for about 1.5hours then we came to a waterfall which we where meant to swim at but the rain meant we just looked at it- MINUS CRAIC..then we treked through river uphill etc for what was meant to be another 1.5hours but ended up being 3hours it was torture we got to the tribe village just before dark- we were all cold miserable wet & dirty so we hosed ourselfs down took a shower( defo appreciated our home comforts at this stage) and relaxed around a camp fire while our guides Ray & Kiki cooked us dinner- it was lovely we had ckn curr,noodles and som salad- and some beers which where well deserved at that stage- we then sang songs and played games around the fire until 11 we where all so tired we went to our beds!! next day we where up at 8am for breakfast which was fruite,toast & boiled eggs yummy then we treked to another waterfall class scenery then treked into village for lunch (fried rice again-brutal) we where picked up in d village and took elephant treking which was ok i had done it before in phuket & i wasn't impressed this was much of the same the elephants were seamused thought they were gonna keel over & die mid trek- Wiggy & Flutes got to be the mahouts and guide there own elephant that was hilarious you could the roars of them a mile off- after that we went bamboo rafting we made 2 teams it was great craic we where all pushing eachother in and messing but we where drenched- we got back to changmai about 5 i got a much deserved foot massage & the boys went to the irish bar to get some "proper food".

that night me phil and Flute went to a quiz in irish bar- we done shit none of the questions where about ireland and it meant to be an irish bar- then Damo cam out so did grace & her crew and we went out on session good craic.


Next morning we where all dying and had to get bus to Chang Kong which took over 6hours it was the longest journey every & so bumpy- when we got to chang kong our accomodation was shit we got a dorm for the 5 of us but we only had 4 beds and we also had extra visitors, spiders, lizards mosquito's etc it was rotten- We went out to a tv bar and watched 2 films with seamus & cathal (2new recruits) and George & Anna anything was better than staying there.

next morning up at 7.30am to get our visa to cross the border to laos to get he slow boat to Luang Pragang- a lot of waiting around our boat was meant to go at 10 it left at 12 and was smelly and sweaty- we were on boat for 6 long long hours- we tried to sleep but it wasn't happening then we stopped off at banbeng a little town which only had power for 4 hours a da.

Mt time gonna run out here but will finish later on-xx

Advertisement



10th October 2008

Ahh your a mad thing keep the blogs a-coming :D Miss ye lots xx

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb