loas new year!!!!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
April 25th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

...................because that morning we had to catch a flight to vientainne the capital of our next country loas and low and behold who was sitting in the reception of our hostel? yes the wonderful galwigian that is named alan (here i should prob mention that alan is very much on the short side of height this will become relevant fairlyt shortly). he tried to be nice to siobhan then but too little too late so we hopped our taxi to the airport and guess who was getting the same flight as us? yes alan and some lads he met from galway. so again he talked and talked to us about laos knowing it all just cause he was living there like whatever, but he did come in handy as when we landed in laos at 8pm we still had to hire a mini bus to bring us to vang vieng which was a 3 hour drive away and would cost a pretty penny to get to, and his 5 mates where doing the exact same thing so we were able to all get the same couch for a lot less money. then we got to vang vieng and had to find accomodation, but because it was their new celebrations for the next 3 days everywhere was booked out luckily after looking for ages the guys found somewhere we could all stay, it was the massage room of guesthouse with mattresses all over the floor and giantic bugs and singing berts to boot! so that night 12 of us slept in that room next day we got our own room but we had to share with a large amount of cock roaches (elaines favourite). so the tradition during new year is to chuck water at everyone 4 the 3 days so as soon was we left our room we were completely drenched by locals and travellers alike which was a blast except for elaine who got really sick of it really quicly te he. we went tubing the next day where you get plastic ring to sit in will going down a river and getting shitfaced it was really good fun there were loads of bars on the way which pulled you in to get more drinks along the way, at one of the bars elaine got up on a really high ledge and did a swing into the water very scary alas pam and siobhan sat that one out, but who did we run into at this bar that wasnt even meant to be in vang vieng till at least the next day yep you guessed our good old patronising friend alan hooraynot! at the swing bar a mud fight broke out and we all got pulled in pamela was running the bloody thing and was covered head to bloody toe by the end of it what a dirt bird!!! the weird thing about laos is that every where closes at 12 midnight(unless you know where to go and of course we did!!!) again at dinner that night we ran into alan and again at the smile bar which had great music which stopped at 12 and you had to walk over the most riceddy bridge eva to get to it pam was not a fan!!!! but the other girls were fine. so we started talking to these candians guys and one of them who was really butch and a bouncer said something about rugby and our good old friend alan who wasnt even in the conversation and is about 2ft starts a fight with the guy that goes on forever siobhans tries to passify him without success pam ends up saying he has a little man complex which he completly does and he went off on another one and then went home to suck his tumb ha ha. there was talk about an illegal after hours bar called airstrip that was hard to find not if you are us obviously we found it pam made friends with the loa bar man who called us all mo cara and gave us discount (sweet) best irish speaker so far on this holiday! but during our stay in loas things went bad for us as we all got sick especially pamela and siobhan so drinking was off the cards for a few days it was hard but we managed!!! so we thought we were only spending 2 nights in vang vieng and then going to chan mai little did we know that because of new year everything was booked out for days and we couldnt even leave the place until after 5 days where we had to get a 3 bus back to the capital to the border go through emigration forever and then have anothere 8 hour night journey on a bus to bangkok which we got to a 6.30am and had to immediately hop a taxi to get us to the airport to catch our flight to the island of samui down south which was at 8.30 yet again it was close but we like to live dangerously!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb