in the land of simpsons and friends


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
July 7th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

mountainous vang vieng was one of our favourites. it's so small you practically can close your eyes to walk around. saysong was one of my fav guesthouse, with the two brothers (Ham and Eng), happy and lucky. we learnt alot about their country from Eng. also chanced upon another sporean, leonard, from nus and met jemma, from wales. and four of us embarked one of the most amazing day trip in vang vieng, which was very recommended because the guides knew the caves and stuffs well. so the four of us, and 2 english guys, the cool holland family and a korean uncle did some trekking to 4 caves, 3 villages and tubing in the cave and down mekong. the slippery limestone cave was very challenging, i was so afraid that one of us might fall because it was so steep and slippery.One of the guide Boon taught us a new term for making baby/love- "voom voom" and all of us was like "huh??" we guessed the hottest sport there was to get a tube and get going to the riverside bars and stuffs. so while everyone is making merry by drinking beer lao, we love the swing. it was at a few metres high and i plunged into the water twice. the third time we did it tgt and i clinged onto his waist to drop down, exposing half of his bare cheeks to the whole world. i think one of the guys were cheekily saying "nice ass" to him. hahaha. the last part of the day was tubing down the mekong river and i was pretty nervous because it was pouring sooo heavily. but i think the local children were braver than all of us, swimming leisurely against the currents. we were all freezing and the korean uncle even took out his umbrella while floating down. all in all, it was a different experience itself. both of us love the carefree life there. the scenary was stunning, really beautiful. you just wanna tube down forever admiring all the karsts.


so the next day we went to rent a bike and the uncle taught the boyfriend in 3mins and we drove round the place to the caves and lagoon. i was super terrified sitting at the back when he was driving because of the uneven paths and bridges etc etc. hurhur. i learnt how to ride one too. for like 15mins and on even grounds. but not too bad. the only bad thing is that i've got a bad burn. and was really painful for the next 2 days. that's probably why i'm so black now. vang vieng is a good place to laze around like a couch potato. simpsons, friends and american dad are everywhere, burgers, pizza, shakes and one alarming trend, there are more westerners than locals there. but so what, we still love simpsons! oh, one more thing that is unforgettable in vang vieng - is their special pancakes!





Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb