enthusiastic2


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
July 5th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

arc de triumpharc de triumpharc de triumph

not that trium-phic afterall
the previous night was specially short for both of us due to the morning flight in wee hours. arrived at udon thani (thailand) at 8.45am and got into a minivan to nong khai (friendship bridge btw thai and laos). then we squeezed (like sardines) into a local bus after crossing the thai border and decided to take a tuk-tuk with this holland guy(there's smth about him). our first guesthouse (sasouly) was good for a start and so we kicked start by exploring the city via foot. a sleepy town with lots of monks, tuktuks and wats. i think it's the place we saw the most monks. Patuxai was pretty over-rated. so while the sleepy town has nothing much to offer, we decided to take a ride down to Buddha Park and the cranky two was snapping every stones and cracks. can you imagine if we were in siem reap on day one? hahaha. but alright, we were having fun and climbed up a higher elevation to view the whole place. and how can we forget lao's national monument Phat That luang? we sneaked in pretending to be in the tour grps (a trick taught by chris) and despite the gloomy skies, the gold and reds were grand, so it's worth a stop. before leaving, we freed two birds for good luck from this gay guy(his voice was gay). Vientiane can be covered by foot so basically it's a pretty small and quiet city. but we like it there. maybe because of the food. the boyfriend developed a love affair with the beer there. (u can see beerlao in every meal and every corner). the riverside food was simply amazing, one of the best dinners and the owners could speak mandarin! Grill fish, hotpot, grilled chicken, glutinous rice ice cream, omg they are just so tempting. there's also our fav. fruit shake/coffee corner at dubious "food heavens" and met this aussie dreamy dude who was pretty captivating and half the time he was indulging in his own thoughts. oh, and another thing, always try to ask for sth "special" (food, not massage). cause when i did, it was the size that shocked us both. pretty hilarious and interesting at the same time. Dont be too afraid when u step in here, cause most of them are very nice ppl, even though few speak our language, they will gladly be there to help and rem, no meals can be completed without beer lao!!

p.s: we took like close to two thousands and i cant possibly upload all. so just a few main highlights in this blog. sorry dudes.

** it's gonna be obvious who did the writing and who did the photos. we decided to split jobs cause we're lazy people. 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb