Day 20 Off to Vang Vieng we go!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
August 16th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Early start! we go get breakfast and get picked up at 8.45 by a mini bus to go to Vang Vieng. The driver brings us to the bus station where we change to an identical mini bus and eventually set off on the road! We luckily get seats at the front of the mini bus, because even though we booked an air contioned bus, Mr driver does not want to put that on! So we have to keep the windows open and since i'm sitting next to the window I have to hold my cardigan up to my face to try not let a draught at my abcess! The scenery on the drive is amazing, we drive through the mountians surrounded by loads of green and steep drops most of the way. If anyone ever does this trip take a motion sickness tablet at the start, because theroads are in crap condition, you are bouncing through potholes the whole way!

I am like a zombie for the whole journey, I barely say one word to anyone and don't even bother getting out of the van at the first pitstop, i have zero appetite anyway! So the journey was supposed to last 6 hours, but it was more like 8 hours, the whole time I'm looking like a gerbil with a golf ball growing on the side of my face 😞 We get there in one peice thanks to our bus man, he obviously knows the roads like the back of his hands, he foresees most the crazy potholes! Although he had zero qualms about overtaking on bends with oncoming traffic! eeek!

We arrive in VV in torrential rain. the bus station is about 2k from the main resort in Vang Vieng. By this stage I feel like i'm going to faint, but Rosie just tells me I can't so that's supposed to make it ok. We get a tuk tuk with some other girls from our mini van down the potholed "road" and get dropped off. We leg it into the nearest bar to shelter from the rain and figure out where we're going to stay. There are power cuts because of the weather but we manage to find a hotel called Inthira on Agoda, and we make our way there! Rosie sorts us out with a room and it turns out its really nice! LUCKILY cos this is where we're going to spend about 20 hours a day for the next 4 days!!!

Gxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb