Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
March 2nd 2014
Published: March 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early to get a tuk tuk to the bus station where we would get our 'VIP' bus from.

The 'VIP' bus was okay, wouldn't call it VIP though half the seats were broken and reclined fully backwards when any weight was put on them, the roof would suddenly start having water pour down and the air conditioning was a little breath of air. But we got to Vang Viang safely which is the main thing and there were some lovely views on the way. The route was up and down some mountains so was very winding, we passed through a lot of remote villages so saw how local people live away from all the backpacking areas which I enjoyed seeing.

We arrived late afternoon and walked to the centre of the town where all the guesthouses were. Not really knowing if we were in the main area or not we found a guesthouse, Phoomchai, which was lots of wooden cabins, very nice! So decided to stay there, only £6 a night which made it even better AND free coffee and bananas 😊 we went out for dinner in the main area which was just down the road a little bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb