Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
February 27th 2014
Published: February 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up quite early so we would have a good full day to look around the town.

We spent the day walking around, the views were so nice everywhere you looked, my favourite place so far! There are a lot of French bakeries and restaurants around. We passed by a few temples, and a food market. On our way walking up to a temple we passed by a few people selling these really little birds in round cages which they sell and the Lao people BBQ them. The weather seemed to be even hotter today!

That evening we went to a Lao BBQ. Each table is given their own BBQ, a plate of meat and a basket of vegetables, an egg and glass noodles. ( see photo) you get given a round metal thing that goes over the BBQ in the outside they put soup and you cook the veg, noodles and egg in that and in the middle you cook the meat. It was good fun to do, and seemed to be a very popular thing there as a lot of places offered the same.



We went to have a drink after and tried the local rice liquor, Lao Lao, in a cocktail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb