Off Time Fun (Part 3)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
June 8th 2007
Published: June 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After working a long day at Huis Ten Bosch, I enjoy winding down at the Rin spa inside Huis Ten Bosch theme park. Last week, all the performers wanted to try out the Rin spa also. It normally cost ¥2500 use the Rin Spa but for staff members of Huis Ten Bosch, it's only ¥500 (less than $5). At most Japanese spas or Onsen you must use the facilities completely naked but luckily for you and me at the Rin spa wellness center you must wear a bathing suit. The spa has a whirlpool, two full size hot tubs, a cool water plunge, a very nice steam room, dry sauna, and several very large wading pools complete with waterfalls and highly powerful water jets that give you a deep tissue water massage. This is a great place to relax. I go to the spa as often as I can.

Hanabi! That's Japanese for fireworks and just like clockwork and at least twice a week, James BuStar is buying fireworks for us to enjoy. This week to mix things up a bit, Scot Free decided to pull an Evel Knievel stunt, that is if Evel Knievel was from Canada, rode a bicycle instead of a motorcycle and instead of jumping over things he played with fireworks. To start off the stunt we duct taped an arsenal of fireworks onto his bicycle and on his helmet and lit him up. Moments later off he goes in a flaming trail of sparks and smoke. Again proving Scot Free is either completely fearless or completely crazy...the jury is still out on that one. Please do not attempt these stunts at home...this stunt was done by a professional (Well, he wasn't paid for this stunt so technically he really isn't a professional pyrotechnics expert but he is a professional juggler and that's something...right?)

No juggler was hurt in the making of this blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb